Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Project Proposal First take

Falestine Awawdeh 
Professor Cacoilo 
MED 384 
18th October, 2016 
FINAL PROJECT PROPOSAL  
My final project I decieded to do is to create and tell a story through images about the different personas women play in their everyday lives. Characters that are real, emotional, bold, different and maybe if I get lucky capture CAMP women, the love for the unnatural, artifice and style that expresses them as a person and not what society deems appropriate. I want to really capture what being a woman means not only to me and all females but to society in general. While society tries to emphasis the importance on fitting in, looking cool, feeling sexy, being the new thing all while putting women down, it contunies to forget major key things. For example without women life itself can not contunie, without women who populate more than fifty percent of the country men won't be able to do what they do like living their lives while their ladies be a stay at home mom, wife, maid, cook, cleaner and give her man pleasure all in a days work without pay. Or be the main reason why the economy isnt as bad as it should be even with the sexist pay women are still dealing with.  
Through my images, I wanted to explore without giving to much away women in a new different look never truly seen before even though its always been in front of our eyes our whole lives. I have not decieded yet whether to create a website or open a social media account to share my images but it will be one of those options and I'm also thinking about creating a video as well where I open up about myself in a personal level and how it was growing up as a female Muslim American, which is still a hard thing to do, when you fight everyday to accept myself and who I have become. My project won't need much research because it’s a personal one and one being captured by other women, who are my research. I also might get voice overs down for some not all the images in my project because an image itself is powerful in its own way without sound.  
I have very few photos at the moment but it will defiently expand as time goes on and this project will be done as long as I can continue working on it. So basically the last day to offcailly turn in our projects. Finally but not least I wanted to do this project because I have an eye for art in a way only true lovers of art can understand. And I believe a female is a work of art because in all that we deal with, in all that we encounter, our problems, our mood swings, and that one crazy chick with the knife in her hand chasing down her man for whatever reason. Even though I'm pretty sure it was a valid one because one fun fact to know about women they only react like that if you give them a reason too, common sense for you boys out their.  
I will finally say that part of my project will also have my favorite quotes from the readings we read in class and some I have read on my own. I hope after my project is complete everyone can understand the purpose and its meaning behined it as well as the truth about females.  

No comments:

Post a Comment