Tuesday, September 13, 2016

SOCIAL MEDIA virus

Media is a very powerful tool to use in life no matter how its used. For starters no matter what people tell you about social media whether its good, bad or in-between they're constantly thinking or doing some form of interaction with social media. According to statistics by 2017 social media users will rise to 2.55 billion users worldwide. I mean I can't even count that high but why would I need to break the neurons in my skull when I could possibly have 2.55 billion people on social media to give me the answers. Now you might think this is just too dramatic but is it really? Think about 2.55 billion people I can possibly reach where not to long ago the internet was invented and accessible to anyone, where in a short period of time the affects of that created the social media outburst. Its undeniably a virus incurable, widely affective and its ability to go to places unforeseen and many more are the factual reasons to why social media is what it is. 

As a fellow social media consumptioner a lot of my day at times revolves around media whether it is noticed or not I'm constantly on social media just to see what my friends and family are doing. Their are times as well where I can stair at my phone for hours and hours being entertained in so many ways whether its through snapchat, Instagram, youtube if that counts, and of course the internet. I too use these platforms to express myself whether it is to send a personal message for certain person or persons to notice, to make others laugh, to capture a moment in my life, I don't want to ever miss so I use these social media outlets as a way to store my memories. This is how I use my social media as a way of expression, getting updates and information I won't get it from anywhere like the news because especially not with social media I rarely watch news channels anymore. Why would I when Snapchat updated its app where you can subscribe not only world news but sports, fashion and current elections. But lets not forget its filters which is probably one of the greatest things ever invented. It brings people together, creates relationships, dreams, desires and a common idea or thought. For example I never even heard of 29 Rooms in Brooklyn and I love art to the moon and back but if it wasn't for snapchat and random strangers who share a common thread of loving art, allowing me too invite my friends to enjoy it as well. Which also Allows them to spread the word and create a bigger network personally or business like with others all because of social media and snapchat.  


Social media is the new norm, but its not the new me its a better, wiser and more informed me because I still read newspapers in the subways, still enjoy writing letters and sending them out through the mail which still functions a little humor for all you social media rulers. Social Media is very big and enormously important because without it literally many lives would be lost and forgotten. So no matter how much you make dislike it for its easy ways to bully, discriminate, and basically be really mean to others. Theirs a greater advantage to social media and that is why its one of those rare commodities that will forever reign. 

 
http://www.premierepeople-ni.com/resources/power-of-social-media   


1 comment: