Saturday, September 10, 2016

Media, My distant friend



            When I think about the word Media, it reminds me of the words newspaper, magazines, books and the internet.  Media is really amazing since it put the readers in another side of the world.  A newspaper would be packed with information about other side of world or about bacteria that only exist in a certain environment.  I do not usually read the news or communicate with people on the internet because it is time consuming but once in a while I pick up a newspaper or go to social media sites hence the title.
             One circle that I have dipped myself in to is the world of late night television.  I watch YouTube videos of talk show host and personalities.  They would joke about current events which tell me that things aren’t so bad.  Most of my information comes from late night shows so I may know something about the pope picking his boogers instead of his political views or how the pope saved people.  I think media is so diverse these days that one in thirty people would know a references I am talking about.  While media is so accessible, people have grown apart consuming different types of media.  It seems like only major events like the presidential race or the super bowl tether people together. 
            Media is a huge part of how I see the world.  The news would try to fill in spaces in my point of view.  For example, I do not know many Irish people so I would fill in that space with an Irish talk show host who is funny and I would generalize that Irish people are funny.  Movies also influence my identity since I would sympathize with villains.  Heroes always mess with them.  This somehow made me believe that plans do not work out.  I do not want the media to highly influence me so I restrict my access.

sometimes friends tell me about these interesting things.
 Image:Was my reaction

No comments:

Post a Comment